Friday, April 3, 2009

Confrence

Growing up I did not really watch conference that often. My family saw it as a weekend off, although they saw most weekends as just time off. It was not until I started attending seminary while I was in High School that I really tried to watch conference more often. 

Unfortunately I have seen that the habits of the past are more difficult to get rid of than most would want. I have seen over the past few years that I have not been the example to my children that I should be regarding watching conference, and the times that we do watch conference it has been difficult to encourage them to watch and pay attention. In the past several years I think that I have only attended the Priesthood Session once or twice, choosing instead to stay home. 

This year I vow to be a better example for my family. I vow to attend all of my meetings, and firmly but nicely encourage my children to watch with my wife and I. 

No comments: